The context of this project is the growing need for automated health-care support for the sick and the elderly at home that can provide them with more comfort and safety while reducing the overall cost of the health-care system. Smart spaces have the potential to provide such automated support as numerous projects have demonstrated and as a recent European research funding initiative on emphasizes.
The project focused on the development and evaluation of new approaches based on the reflection of meta-reality and search algorithms, that enable to find and implement configurations of smart health care environments, free from interference. The following was used to achieve this goal:
- a reflective architecture that allows dynamically reify the structure and behavior of smart spaces in a meta-model of virtual reality, and allows to reflect back on the smart space the changes operated at the meta-model (keeping a causal relationship between the meta-model and the smart space);
- algorithms of search/filtering to efficiently traverse the space of the states (reified at the meta-model) of the systems installed in a smart space, in order to detect and identify possible functional interferences between those systems.
- Prof. Dr. Rui Silva Moreira
- Prof. Dr. José Manuel Torres
- Prof. Dr. Pedro Sobral
- Prof. Dr. Christophe Soares
- Mr. Filipe Silva
- Mr. Sérgio Vale
For more information: link
- INESC TEC
- Fundação Ensino e Cultura Fernando Pessoa
Project supported by:
- ERDF (European Regional Development Fund), program COMPETE (Operational Programme for Competitiveness) and by national funds from Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia through the project PTDC/EIA-EIA/108352/2008 (COMP-01-0124-FEDER-010143)