Nurses are the largest group of health professionals and are essential for the implementation of Article 14 of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control. In order to respond to the educational needs of Portuguese nurses regarding tobacco control, a program on the treatment of tobacco dependence based on scientific evidence will be implemented.
- To support 50 to 100 nurses who have attended a training workshop for trainers on tobacco dependence treatment;
- To recruit 300 nurses for an online educational program and assess their impact in supporting their patients in smoking cessation.
- Associação de Enfermagem Oncológica de Portugal (AEOP)
Project supported by:
- Global Bridges
- International Society of Nurses in Cancer Care – ISNCC
- European Oncology Nursing Society (EONS)
- Ordem Enfermeiros Norte, Centro e Sul