WeGIx project: Wellbeing Global Index
WeGIx main project goal is to define a well-being index combining life quality indicators from environment, health and energy dedicated to urban populations.
The WeGIx project aims to test variables interaction and to exhibit relations between these variables creating a multidimensional integrated model supported on population data referred to a geographical scale. The index intends to be a decision maker assistant tool and is build upon a composite model that integrates several dimensions of populations way of life: energy, health, education, employment, transports and others. Several statistics data sources are used to construct the WeGIx database namely from Portuguese national agencies (INE, PORDATA, APA, DGEG) and European databases such as EEA or Eurostat.
- Prof. Dr Rui Leandro Maia
- Dr Gisela Oliveira
- Prof. Dr Manuela Pontes
- Prof. Dr Esmeralda Barreira
- Prof. Dr Rui Estrada
- Prof. Dr Nelson Barros
- Prof. Dr Maria João Guerreiro
- Mestre Diogo Guedes Vidal
- FP-ENAS – Fernando Pessoa Energy, Environment and Health Research Unit
Project supported by:
- This project is financed by Portuguese funds through FCT – Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P., under the program “Fundo de Reestruturação FCT 2016” with the reference UID/Multi/4546/2016.