In the current cultural context, heterogeneity is undeniable. The production and artistic, literary, musical or scenic consumption is totally eclectic and the contours that ran the various creative disciplines have long since disappeared into their blur. Hybridity and interdisciplinary creation are providing relationships and transfers between disparate fields of knowledge that were previously unthinkable. Given this scenario, we start from a borderline perspective and we aim to raise creativity and training at the service of society as a tool for cultural transformation in favor of more creative and sustainable models of society. The proposal is incardine with the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development (approved by the UN on September 25, 2015 as an action plan in favor of people, the planet and prosperity), especially taking into account the education objectives of quality, gender equality, reduction of inequalities, peace and justice, as well as all the points that contribute to the sustainability of cities and the environment. Our starting hypothesis is that the promotion of artistic and literary creation through liminal poetics and digital tools helps the development of critical thinking, which allows a questioning of two of today’s great social challenges: social discrimination and environmental changes. On the other hand, if this is developed with new forms of collaborative and self-managed learning, not only will hybrid products be understood, but it will also make it easier for creation to become the engine of social change. Consequently, we have conceived an interdisciplinary project in which art, literature and society’s challenges are intertwined.
Its general objectives are as follows:
- To foster creation both in artistic and literary praxis, as well as its incorporation into education as a transforming agent of current social reality.
- To develop critical thinking to make vulnerable sectors of society visible through artistic and literary creation, as well as within school and academic training.
- To provide new participatory digital co-creation tools, in order to realize critical explorations about technology and its use in the arts and literature.
- To implement new forms of collaborative and self-managed learning at different formal and non-formal educational levels so that citizens understand hybrid creations and are able to generate new proposals related to social challenges.
- To promote / make visible through liminal poetics an inclusive art that provides egalitarian, non-discriminatory values that allow us to face challenges such as awareness of ecology, hunger, sexist violence and, of course, education.
- Prof. Dr. Rui Torres (Researcher)
- Faculty of Education, University of Barcelona, Spain. PI: Doctor Glòria Bordons de Porrata-Doria; Co-PI: Doctor Eva Figueras Ferrer
Project supported by:
- Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades – Proyectos I+D+i 2019 (Refª PID2019-104628RB-I00), Spain
From June 1 2020 to May 31 2023